Dune: Part Two Review

Chaotic review incoming! Wow, it’s been a WHILE since I reviewed a movie, but I’ve come out of hibernation to review the much anticipated Dune: Part Two. My initial impression of Dune: Part One was: ‘for a movie that is mainly standing around, it’s a masterpiece.’ Despite my lack of experience with the source material, and my lack of reason for loving the first, I knew I had to see the second instalment on opening night. Which is exactly what I did! I’m glad I did because Dune: Part Two is categorically better than the first! Read on for my full review, potential mild spoilers with a dose of chaos! Enjoy!   Dune: Part Two picks us where the previous finished, Denis Villeneuve giving us one  continuous story, no flashbacks or memory trickers included. Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem are joined by Florence Pugh, Austin Butler, Léa Seydoux, Christopher Walken and Anya Taylor-Joy, the perfect all-star cast. The films stands at the 2h 45m mark, ye

Most Anticipated Movies of 2019

Happy New Year!! 2018 was such a great year for film and it looks like 2019 will be even better, which is very exciting. So get ready to sit back and be amazed at the cinema! I am very excited for you all to read what I write over the coming year - I have lots planed!! I have created a list of the movies  am most looking forward to. So give it a read and let me know in the comments below what films you are most looking forward to. 
  • How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. Release Date: 1st February 2019 (UK). Dir: Dean DeBlois. Staring: Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett, Jonah Hill, Gerard Butler, Kit Harington, America Ferrera.  I loved the first 2 How to Train Your Dragon films and cannot wait for what is meant to be the final instalment. The film looks like it will have toothless finding love with a new species of dragon. This film is set to be a huge hit for adults and children alike. 
  • Isn't it Romantic. Release Date: 14th February 2019 (UK). Dir: Todd Strauss-Schulson. Staring: Rebel Wilson, Liam Hemsworth, Tom Ellis, Priyanka Chopra, Adam Devine. Okay so I don't know if any of you have seen this trailer but you need to because this film looks brilliant. I am not normally the biggest fan of Rebel Wilson's roles however this film looks so funny and so clever with its twist on the romantic comedy genre that I cannot wait to watch it. 
  • Captain Marvel. Release Date: 8th March 2019 (UK). Dir: Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. Staring: Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Jude Law, Lee Pace, Clark Greg. 2019 is the year we finally get a female led Marvel Cinematic Universe movie! (I know its been ages and this should have happened agesssss ago). Captain Marvel is the only film between us and Endgame now so its important that it does well because she will be joining the team and it is rumoured that she will be taking a lead role within the Avengers team from this point. Honestly I am not 100% sure on this film yet - mainly because I don't think the trailers have been that great but I can't wait to see the film in March. 
  • Dumbo. Release Date: 29th March 2019 (UK). Dir: Tim Burton. Staring: Eva Green, Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito. Aaaahhhh I am so excited and ready to take a whole box of tissues to the cinema with me. The trailer made me cry, elephants are my favourite animal and Tim Burton is my favourite director/icon/legend, I honestly cannot wait for this film! Plus a Tim Burton style circus is sure to be amazing. 
  • Avengers: Endgame. Release Date: 26th April 2019 (UK). Dir: Anthony Russo and Joe Russo. Staring: Robery Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johanson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Holland, Paul Rudd. Possibly the biggest movie of 2019/ever. Avengers: Endgame is sure to be an emotional ride and I cannot wait. Avengers Infinity War was incredible and more than I had dreamed of and I know that Endgame will be just as brilliant. One thing is for sure the MCU will be changed forever. I literally want a time machine to take me to April so I can see this film. P.S who also screamed at the trailer, or was that just me? 
  • Aladdin. Release Date: 24th May 2019 (UK). Dir: Guy Richie. Staring: Naomi Scott, Mena Massoud, Will Smith, Marwan Kenzari. The Diamond in the rough is about to make its live action appearance on the big screen. I love the original Disney 1992 classic and I really want this version to be just as great. 
  • The Secret Life of Pets 2. Release Date: 31st May 2019 (UK). Dir: Chris Renaud. Staring: Patton Oswalt, Eric Stonestreet, Kevin Hart, Lake Bell. Okay so the First Secret Life of Pets is my go to happy/scared movie, it's just so cute and funny. So obviously I cannot wait for the second one! Plus the trailer where Max goes to the vets is brilliant, it is always an experience taking a pet to the vets and that trailer captures the experience perfectly. This film is set to be a huge laugh, with lots of moments that will make Pet owners go 'that is so true'/'my dog/cat does that!'. 
  • Toy Story 4. Release Date: 21st June 2019. Dir: Josh Cooley. Staring: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Keanu Reeves, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Bonnie Hunt, Wallace Shawn. I grew up with Toy Story, Toy Story 3 made me cry like a baby and Toy Story 4 is meant to be even better as Woody hunts for Bo Peep. How to know its a Toy Story movie screening: There won't be anyone under the age of 20 in the cinema. 
  • The Lion King. Release Date: 19th July 2019 (UK). Dir: Jon Favreau. Staring: Donald Glover, Seth Rogan, James Earl Jones, Beyoncé. Everyone loves The Lion King right? But even if you don't you should go and see this film because it looks visually stunning! Just watch the trailer and see the adorable baby Simba. 
  • Frozen 2. Release Date: 22nd November 2019 (UK). Dir: Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee. Staring: Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff. Let it Go, Let it Gooo so it seems that Frozen fever never really wore off and so Disney is giving us Frozen 2. We have no idea what this film is even going to be about yet and I am already super excited. I just hope its a great as the first one. 
  • Star Wars: Episode IX. Release Date: 20th December 2019 (UK). Dir: J.J. Abrams. Staring Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, John Boyega. So this is an odd one whilst I am looking forward to this film I am also a little apprehensive. I was not a huge fan of Last Jedi, but with J.J. Abrams back I am expecting big things from Star Wars Episode IX. I am sure at some point I will write a post about what I want to see in this film so make sure you keep an eye out for that. 
So Thats the list, honestly I could add so many more films to this list but then it would takes hours to read and lets face it no one has time for that Haha. 2019 does look like a great year for film and I cannot wait to share my reviews, thoughts and posts with you all. So here's to another year of Just Another Film Blog. 
If you haven't yet check out my Thank you post: https://thisisjustafilmblog.blogspot.com/2018/12/one-year-birthday-thank-you.html

Please leave a comment below 

Thank you for reading x

Comments