Dune: Part Two Review

Chaotic review incoming! Wow, it’s been a WHILE since I reviewed a movie, but I’ve come out of hibernation to review the much anticipated Dune: Part Two. My initial impression of Dune: Part One was: ‘for a movie that is mainly standing around, it’s a masterpiece.’ Despite my lack of experience with the source material, and my lack of reason for loving the first, I knew I had to see the second instalment on opening night. Which is exactly what I did! I’m glad I did because Dune: Part Two is categorically better than the first! Read on for my full review, potential mild spoilers with a dose of chaos! Enjoy!   Dune: Part Two picks us where the previous finished, Denis Villeneuve giving us one  continuous story, no flashbacks or memory trickers included. Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem are joined by Florence Pugh, Austin Butler, Léa Seydoux, Christopher Walken and Anya Taylor-Joy, the perfect all-star cast. The films stands at the 2h 45m mark, ye

Marvel - Who could play who?

Hello everyone! So as I am sure most of you know about a month ago it was confirmed that Disney had Purchased some of Fox's assets including the remining Marvel characters: Fantastic Four and X-Men. This past week it has been hinted that Kevin Feige has now taken over control of these assets. If you didn't know Kevin Feige is the guy that is in charge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe - he is responsible for creating everything. So what does this all mean? Well it means that Disney can now make an X-Men movie or a Fantastic Four one. It also means that we could see the characters such as Professor X, Mr Fantastic, Wolverine and Storm to name a few pop up in the next few Disney Marvel flicks. Plus it was leaked that a certain character (Wolverine) may make an cameo in Avengers 4. How cool would that be? 

The takeover certainly raises a lot of questions such as: Will the previous films be ignored? Will the two films that have already been filmed still be released? Will they recast? and so many more. The reason I decided to write this post is because I've had some ideas on who could play who if a recasting is the direction Disney have decided to take. So read on below to see who I think should play some of the biggest characters in the Marvel Cinematic universe. 


Wolverine 

I have a few ideas regarding who could play Wolverine - he has been such an important character in the X-Men movies to date and he even had his own Trilogy. So it would make sense for Disney to make him the first character to appear. However because of his popularity Disney may want this character to take a back seat. 
Hugh Jackman 
Jackman has played Wolverine forever and I find it hard to imagine anyone else playing him, but it does seem unlikely that he will continue to play the role. Plus if everyone else is recast would it make sense to keep Jackman? But I would certainly love it if he did continue. 

Scott Eastwood 
Scott Eastward has not been shy when expressing his desire to play Wolverine. I personally think he would be a good casting choice. He is the right age and could totally pull of the costume. 

Kit Harrington
Harrington best known for playing Game of Throne's Jon Snow may be a long shot, but I think he would make a great Wolverine, he matches the comic book image. Either way it would be great to see him pop up somewhere in the MCU. 

Jean Grey 

Jean Grey aka Phoenix is one of the X-Men's most powerful characters and previously she has been played by two actresses. Considering one of the movies hanging in the balance is the Dark Phoenix one, Disney may decided to release the film before recasting. But I think it is unlikely that Sophie Turner will continue to play the part in the MCM considering the current X-Men films take place in the 1980s. 
Holland Roden 
Roden is best known for her time on Teen Wolf. I think she would be perfect for the role. I have seen her in a range of different roles now and think she is highly underrated. Moreover Disney like to cast outside of the box so I think she would be a great choice. 

Madelaine Petsch 
Another TV star Petsch is known for playing Cheryl in Riverdale. Again I think she would be a great choice and she totally has a great on screen presence. 

Cyclops 

Another main X-Men character is Scott Summers aka Cyclops, it is important that the actor they cast in this role has the ability to take on a leader like role, In pervious films this character has been 'dull' I guess - it would be great to see Disney show his leadership side.

Richard Madden 
Another Game of Thrones alumni, Madden would make the perfect Cyclops. He has shown great range in his roles from playing the prince in Cinderella to playing ex-army bodyguard in The Bodyguard. I think he could make Cyclops stand out.  

Theo James 
I first came across Theo James in the Divergent series. I think he would make a great Cyclops - not only does he have a the look. I think he would suit the headgear and he would certainly be able to take on a strong lead role. 

Emma Frost 

Emma Frost is a power mutant that is both telepathic and has diamond skin. I think she could be a great powerful female character.  I think January Jones had The right image to play the role but she could have been so much better with direction and writing. So it would be great to see Disney actually get her right. 
Blake Lively 
Who doesn't love Blake Lively. I think she is a really interesting actress that would be able to make this role her own and would turn Emma Frost into the empowering character she could be. 

Gabriella Wilde
She is relatively unknown I think Wilde would be a great choice to play Emma Frost, she has the look and she could even play the Triplet copies Emma makes instead. 

Storm 

Storm is the future wife of Black Panther so I would be surprised if she did not show up at some point. Also she is crazy cool and Disney could do with some of her storm creating powers. Storm was always one of my favourite X-Men as child so I cannot wait to see her on the big screen again. 

Zoe Kravitz 
Yes I know she has been in an X-Men movie before but I think she would make the perfect Storm. She rocks the white blonde hair, is a brilliant actress and would be a great addition to the MCU.  

Kerry Washington 
Kerry Washington often plays very strong female characters which is why I think she would make the perfect Storm. I could also see her alongside Black Panther which makes her the perfect choice.  


Sue Storm and Mr Fantastic 

Half of the Fantastic Four team, Sue Storm and Mr Fantastic are married superhero's. Honestly I have not been impressed with the film adaptations of either of these characters and I think Disney should get on with making a great Fantastic Four movie as soon as possible. 

Emily Blunt and John Krasinski
Married in real life Blunt and Krasinski would make the perfect Sue Storm and Mr Fantastic. I know I am not the only one hoping for the pair to be cast so I really hope that Disney is listening. With this pair at the lead I dont think Disney could go wrong. 

Human Torch 

Another main character from Fantastic Four, it would be great to see Disney's version of the Human torch. Considering the pervious two actors that played this role both took on great roles in the MCM.

Zac Efron 
I am a huge fan of Zac Efron, I think he's a great actor that would be a great addition to the MCU. He would suit the Human Torch perfectly and I would love to see him in a superhero role. 


So that is my list. I know I have missed a lot of characters but if I did them all we would be here for like a year haha. I think it will be interesting to see how they incorporate Magneto because he is of course the father of Avengers Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver. 

Please let me know if you agree with my castings and let me know who you would cast. 

Sorry for not posting in ages.

Remember please share, comment and like my Facebook page. 

Thank you for reading x

Comments

  1. Absolutely great options! Would be great to see Hugh Grant come back and play wolverine, but I think he has truly hung up the claws I know Ryan Reynolds has been trying to tease him back to the roll for dead pool but don't think he's showed interest sadly, Scot Eastwood would be brilliant very handsome and in shape for the roll, and efron as the torch from his last rolls he has a very good comedic and playboy aproch which I think fits the torch' s character well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading!! I am glad you like my suggestions of Scott Eastwood as Wolverine and Zac Efron as The Human Torch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment